Thanks A&M for Validating What We Knew...
You may have been busy with the holiday season when late last year Texas A&M released an analysis of the 100 most congested roadways in Texas. Guess what? The Arlington-Fort Worth-Dallas region of North Texas accounted for 37 of the worst spots.
We aren't going to list all 37 of them in this post because we want to help you validate that these are the roads in North Dallas that you should probably avoid during rush hour ... if you can:
12. I-35E between I-30 and S.H 183, Dallas County
17. LBJ Freeway between I-35E and U.S. 75, Dallas County
48. I-35E between Loop 12 North and LBJ Freeway, Dallas County
76. Loop 12 West between Loop 12 North and I-30, Dallas County
86. Mockingbird Lane between S.H. 183 and U.S. 75, Dallas County
88. Loop 12 North between Dallas North Tollway and Loop 12 East, Dallas County
93. I-35E between S.H. 183 and Loop 12 North, Dallas County
The Dallas Morning News points out that North Texas outranked Houston – or out-trafficked, as they put it – for the first time since the rankings began in 2010. You can view the results of the report by the Texas A&M Transportation Institute Mobility Division here.